Monday, January 18, 2010

...ON LOSING MY EVERYTHING

i have a serious problem. i am a perpetual loser... of things. i am a trusting individual, and tend to leave my things unattended in places i shouldn't.
i'm especially amazing at losing 2 things: my glasses, and my wallet.
i usually get them back, but not this time. my wallet was stolen from a pub in abbotsford, and i'm absolutely sure i'm not getting it back.
it's really sad for me. i can't even imagine finding a wallet and NOT returning it to its rightful owner. WHAT IS WRONG with the person who found mine?! seriously! she needs her head examined. (i say "she" with certainty because i left my wallet in the ladies washroom)
i know it's completely my fault that i'm now without any id, banks card/visa/discount cards, but i can't help but be a little angry that anyone would be so dishonest.
i guess i need to grow up.
bah.

i should mention though, that the rest of the evening was wonderful; filled with great food, and amazing friends.
xox

4 comments:

Pony said...

i am exactly the same way and have never been burned, but i know it's bound to happen eventually. the thing is, half the time i know that it's not a good idea at the very moment when i consciously choose to leave my wallet sitting on the table, but think "nah, who would actually take this? i'm coming right back." super lame that someone did take yours!
at least you had your awesome friends there to console you and buy you your beer. :) cheers to that!

Jon said...

"A Pub In Abbotsford"

I think that pretty much sums up why your wallet is not coming back. That sucks.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm pretty sure that losing stuff is a genetic thing... because I lose my cell phone a LOT.

My solution: First entry in my phone list is .IF LOST RETURN TO. with the number of my mom, my boyfriend, my office and my email address.

Sweet diggity, works like a charm.

elea said...

Anonymous! That solution is brilliant.