Saturday, June 26, 2010

and another thing

some truths.
some days are still unbelievably hard.
last night when devons necklace got ripped off in the SNFU pit, i thought i'd lost it, and it felt like losing him all over again. 
it's amazing that in my life i've lost countless items- eyeglasses, wallets, phones, and never given them a second thought.  this necklace though- a nut from a cymbal on a chain, is my most valued posession.
i really have to figure out where the fuck i need to be living now too.

3 comments:

Jess Demaria said...

Isn't it crazy how the smallest thing and can make you feel so much. I have my days, when I am a complete mess inside and nothing anyone can do or say will make you feel any different, but the memories of that person are something only you have and those are my most prized possessions.
I tired to write down every single memory I had of my mom after she died, just so I would never forget. It's impossible though, too many good memories :)
I think about all of you who were closest to Devon often.
Stay up! Jess

elea said...

thanks for the good advice and kind words jess. i heard it's a good time for people living in wilmington to move to vancouver. it's in the uh stars. and the papers.
xox

Jess Demaria said...

I wish the uh stars would make it possible then. ;)