Monday, March 30, 2009

omg sick.

i am a sicky. too sick to post a proper note, but not so sick that i can not pose a quick question.

It's actually on a sort of break-up protocol.
The background:
I received a framed drawing from a ex in 2004. It's been with me, on my wall in each place i've lived (believe me, there have been many) ever since. I've never particularly loved it, but more used to love it because he made it.
I'm about to move again- this time, into a new home for the first time with my partner.
So, now that we haven't spoken in almost 2 years and won't speak anytime in the near future, is it wrong to donate it to the sally anne? Especially with a "For emma, with love, ____." written on the back?
Or is is simply time to move on?

e

2 comments:

leah p said...

get rid of it. this move is a fresh start of sorts and should be treated as such. the only other thing i'd consider would be asking him if he wanted it back as more of a courtesy than anything else, but since you haven't spoken at all that might just open cup a nasty can of worms. if there is no more emotional attachment to him, there shouldn't be to the painting either. unless you plan on being with him again at some point in your life, you're going to get rid of it eventually. why wait? that's my 2 cents, as some one who's dealt with this sorta thing before. take it er leave it!

Anonymous said...

Move on, Emma. Think of all the good things you have now - and that you will have in the future. Why would you want a reminder of an old relationship that didn't work out?