Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Morning glory

I was never that girl. Even as a semi angst-ridden teen, I never felt
the need to stay up late or sleep in late. It's just not in my nature.
I am a great sleeper in fact I've often wished there was a job in
which I could put this talent to use! "professional sleeper" at your
service. You need me to sleep through a concert? Done. Sleep trough
multiple alarms, fall asleep mid party, within 1 minute of closing my
eyes? Sure thing! People say I must have nothing on my conscience.
Perhaps they are right, although I think it's more a matter of being
constantly sleep deprived.
Back now though to the matter at hand. My ode to the morning. While
most people are wiping sleep out there eyes, I am soaking in the
stillness of the morning, the freshness of the air the clarity of my
mind. On a summers morning the air is cool, comfortable before the
heat of the day sets in. And rhe thing I love most, is the solitude.
Sure, there are often a few other people about, but those few are
nothing compared to the chaos that comes with a million people in rush
hour. Bleck.
Thank goodness for small towns in the morning- mornings at camp, or on
a body of water. Thank goodness for early alarm clocks which enable me
to enjoy this time... and thank GOODNESS for coffee.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Jon said...

That's why I love getting to work at 7am. In the quiet, before the interruptions, things happen.

Jess Demaria said...

yes yes, I wish Pete enjoyed the mornings as much as I do. My favorite mornings are going for coffee and heading to the beach before anyone else has gotten there. I love it. the air is so much better in the mornings.