Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A 3 Strike Tuesday

I woke up this morning with an enormous STYE in my EYE.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it's an infection in your eyelid, due to the eyelash folicle being blocked and getting generally angry with you.  It hurts, and it looks, well, nasty.  Treatment is putting a warm cloth on your eyelid and hangin out like that til it goes away.
This was a big "strike 1" on my Tuesday morning.  I decided to wear my comfy size XL jogging pants because I was feeling terribly sorry for myself for having to wake up at 3:30 with a large painful, ugly-red-thing on my eye. I basically work in a cave for the first 4.5 hours of my shift, so i figured it was acceptable attire until I was off air at 9am.  Then I would change.
The universe, however, had other plans.  As soon as I got into my car and turned the first corner, I sprayed hot coffee all over said joggers.
Is this the universes way of telling me that no matter how nasty i feel, and no matter how early i get up, jogging pants in public are a big no-no?!
If there universe WAS trying to tell me something- i ignored it.  which can't be a good thing.  This was a large "strike 2" on my morning.  "Strike 3" was icing on the cake.  Because i was running a little late, I ran into my morning commute NEMESIS. It comes in the form of a 1980's Itasca Sunrise. (not unlike this photo).  it's got veterans plates, and NEVER goes above 50km/hour. It's terribly annoying considering there is nowhere to pass it safely, and I only run into it when i'm running a ew minutes late.  4:20am road rage is an ugly thing.

Right now i'm on air with the morning show, and quite happy knowing I had my 3 stikes of SUCK for the day already and it's only 6:30am.

1 comment:

Mr Nate said...

But it was FRUESDAY! and no matter how badly a day goes, having it at the end of the week makes it bette.r Yes, that was god telling you to put on some god-damned pants before leaving the house like the rest of us.
I love the idea of commuting friends and nemeses. Love it.