Sunday, May 3, 2009

Scooty Mc Scoot-Scoot

That's me. Or, it was me about 4 or 5 years ago. I had a wee Honda Jazz scooter. It was my very first vehicle, and it was really fucking dangerous. We'll put it down to the old "user error". I would regularly pile my sim board, and an extra passenger on it, and truck down to the beach, over the lions gate. You will never be SO acutely aware of the cross breeze on that bridge as when you're on it on a scoot.
I also drove it all winter. Across north shore bridges and up to grouse mountain (icy roads and all) every day for 6am.
i know. FAIL. speaking of a safety fail:
Scooter fail.
ahahahaha.

Anyhow, the reason i'm re-visiting my wild and crazy days as scooter owner, is because my insurance is coming up in June for my car, and it's gonna cost a fortune. (or about $2300.00, which is my version of a fortune.)
Scooters are bomb for spring and summer, but not so hot in the rain.

Scooter pros:
Cheeeeap!
Sweet for city driving and parking.
Cheeeeap!
I can play "Mod" when i feel the need. (?!)
ummm...
Cheap again...
It's fun times. Really.
And of course, environmentally friendly

Scoot Cons
It totally sucks it in the rain
Not only does it feel sucky in the rain, you look like a total tool.
It's danger bay in the rain.
Actually, it's danger bay all the time.
No highway. Most scoots max out at 60km/hr
2 words: HELMET HEAD.

Hmmm...Aren't lists supposed to help in decision making? I'll probably end up just flipping a coin.

No comments: